To request permission for COH courses please email the following to email@example.com
First & Last name:
Course Title: (i.e. - Community Health)
Course Subject: (i.e. - CGH 001)
Course Section: (i.e. - 010)
Course Number: CRN: (i.e. - 15965)
Lehigh Email: (i.e. - firstname.lastname@example.org)
LIN: (i.e. - 888000888)
Class Year: (i.e. - 2023)
Major: (i.e. - Population Health)
Minor: (i.e. - Engineering)
The COH Advising Team will email students when the instructor has approved the request and an override has been processed.
When completing forms, use the original Lehigh email address for yourself and all recipients (ex. email@example.com). DO NOT use an alias (firstname.lastname@example.org).
COH SOS Undergraduate Petition Form
Students who need an exception to a current policy may petition the SOS committee (Standing of Students). For more information on the committee, including their meeting schedule, which determines when they will make a decision on your petition, visit their website https://studentaffairs.lehigh.edu/content/committee-standing-students.
Overload Request Form
This form is used for students wishing to make more than the suggested credit course load per semester. A course load exceeding 17 credits is an overload for the following students and requires this form, which the College of Health advising team reviews:
- First semester first-year students
- Any student with a GPA less than 2.5
- A load exceeding 19 credits must also include an SOS petition form, unless the student has a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Petition to Reserve Courses for Graduate Degree Form
Students participating in the 4+1 program will need to complete this form.
While students may have indicated the major they are interested in as part of their admissions application, all students are admitted into the College as undeclared. Once students declare their major, they will be matched with a COH faculty member for advising.
Go HERE to initiate the form for declaring your major in the College of Health.
With some planning, students can complete a dual degree (one in the COH, and one in another Lehigh college).
- Students need an established GPA with a first declared major before adding another one.
- Students must take 30 additional credit hours beyond the first degree credit-hour requirements.
- All of the 30 additional credit hours must be taken at Lehigh or in Lehigh residency programs
- All special second degree programs must be approved by the dean of the college in which the degree is to be offered and the Standing of Students Committee.
Go HERE for the Dual Degree Petition Form.
Minors can be declared at any time in the College of Health.
- Population Health
- Community Health
- Indigenous Peoples Health
- Maternal & Child Health
- Global Health
- Health Policy & Politics
- Minors consist of at least 15 credits.
- If successfully completed, minor(s) will be shown on university transcript the same as the major field.
For minors within the COH, go HERE to complete the minor declaration form.
For minors in other colleges, reach out to their advising centers:
- CAS Academic Advising: email@example.com
- COB Undergraduate Advising team: https://business.lehigh.edu/undergraduate/undergraduate-programs-office-contacts
- RCEAS Engineering Minor for non-engineering students: https://engineering.lehigh.edu/academics/undergraduate/minors/engineering-noneng
We recommend that pre-health students (how Lehigh categorizes students seeking to go to medical, veterinary, or dental school) consider using the pre-health course this sequencing schedule so that they are on-track for taking the MCATs their junior year.
Pre-health students also receive advising support from Autumn Moser, assistant director in the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD), who assists pre-health students in staying on track for their MCATs. She can also connect you with a pre-health peer mentor.
Find out more here: Health Professions Advising FAQs