Important Forms

When filling out forms, you must use your original Lehigh email (ex. abc123) NOT an alias (, and that include for the people route the form to (ex. your advisor), or it will not go to the person you need to sign it.

COH SOS Undergraduate Petition Form

Students who need an exception to a current policy may submit a petition to the SOS committee (Standing of Students). For more information on the committee, including their meeting schedule, which determines when they will make a decision on your petition, visit their website

Overload Request Form

This form is used for students wishing to make more than the suggested credit course load per semester.

A load exceeding 17 credits is an overload for the following students and requires this form, which is reviewed by the College of Health advising team:

  • First semester first-year students
  • Any student with a GPA less than 2.5
  • A load exceeding 19 credits must also include an SOS petition form, unless the student has a GPA of 3.5 or higher.

COH Major Declaration Form

  • Once students declare their major, they will be matched with a College of Health faculty member who will be their new academic advisor.

COH Minor Declaration Form

  • This form can only be used to declare a minor within the College of Health.
  • Students wishing to declare a minor outside the COH, should contact the advising center for the College who houses that minor.

Declaring a Major or Majors

While students may have indicated the major they are interested in as part of their admissions application, all students are admitted into the College as undeclared. Once students declare their major, they will be matched with a COH faculty member for advising.

Go HERE to initiate the form for declaring your major in the College of Health.

Dual Degrees

With some planning, students can complete a dual degree (one in the COH, and one in another Lehigh college).


  • Students need an established GPA with a first declared major before adding another one.
  • Students must take 30 additional credit hours beyond the first degree credit-hour requirements.
    • All of the 30 additional credit hours must be taken at Lehigh or in Lehigh residency programs
    • All special second degree programs must be approved by the dean of the college in which the degree is to be offered and the Standing of Students Committee.

Go HERE for the Dual Degree Petition Form.

Declaring a Minor

Minors can be declared at any time in the College of Health. 

Available minors:

  • Population Health
  • Community Health
  • Indigenous Peoples Health
  • Maternal & Child Health
  • Global Health
  • Health Policy & Politics
  • Biostatistics


  • Minors consist of at least 15 credits.
  • If successfully completed, minor(s) will be shown on university transcript the same as the major field.

For minors within the COH, go HERE to complete the minor declaration form.
For minors in other colleges, reach out to their advising centers:

Pre-health Resources

We recommend that pre-health students (how Lehigh categorizes students seeking to go to medical, veterinary, or dental school) consider using the pre-health course this sequencing schedule so that they are on-track for taking the MCATs their junior year.

Pre-health students also receive advising support from Autumn Moser, assistant director in the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD), who assists pre-health students in staying on track for their MCATs. She can also connect you with a pre-health peer mentor.

Find out more here: Health Professions Advising FAQs

Reference Links

The links below are listed for your convenience:

Academic Calendar

Lehigh University Student Handbook