Our Precision Health research focus builds on Lehigh’s strengths in biological and chemical disciplines to leverage data and develop prevention strategies based on individual variability in genes, biomarkers, environment, and lifestyle.
- Asthma speciation
- Biomarker development and validation
- Predictive modeling for screening and diagnosis
- Development and evaluation of decision-support tools
Heath Innovation & Technology
Leveraging Lehigh’s traditional technology strengths, our Health Innovation & Technology research aims to develop diagnostics, devices, and data analytics to improve health outcomes.
- Biological and Environmental Sensing and Diagnostics
Institute for Indigenous Studies
The Institute for Indigenous Studies partners and collaborates with Indigenous peoples, nations, communities, and organizations to improve the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being of Indigenous peoples throughout the Western Hemisphere. Researchers work with Indigenous peoples, nations, communities, and organizations to identify and address the current health and education needs of Indigenous peoples using a multi-level socio-ecological framework and partners with tribal and community organizations, colleges, universities, and other academic institutions to develop culturally appropriate research methodologies and frameworks that can be used to address the health and education needs of Indigenous peoples.
Examples of current research includes:
- Tobacco cessation
- Contemporary Indigenous identity
- Grant writing and research training programs for Native community members
- Cultural education programs for non-Natives
Institute for Indigenous Studies research is funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, the National Institutes of Health, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the American Cancer Society.
Contact: Professor Sean Daley, Director
Our state-of-the-art Health, Science and Technology building is home to a number of cutting edge resources including: the Health Data Warehouse, the Artificial Intelligence and Data Visualization Laboratory, the Community Partnership Engagement Space and more.
Anand Jagota, Associate Dean for Research
Professor and Founding Chair, Department of Bioengineering Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Matthew Mattern, Director of Development and External Engagement
- Internal grant opportunities
- Foundation/Nonprofit engagement
- Corporate engagement
- Industry partnerships
Heather Messina, Senior Contract and Grant Specialist
- External Federal and State proposal development and award management
- Industry contract review and process management
- Subrecipient and subcontract coordination